Depending on Find A Dentist , you may end up in a health care facility that is more specialized than a regular hospital of health center. Here are some of the types of specialized health care facilities you may be transported to, depending on the nature of your injuries.
Trauma Medical Center
A trauma center is a hospital that is equipped to provide extensive emergency medical services to patients suffering from traumatic injuries. The injuries that a trauma center treats are ranked from Level I to Level IV, with the most serious cases at Level I facilities. Because medical doctors are expensive to run and not very common; patients outside major cities have to be airlifted to one. Washington State’s main trauma center is Harborview Medical Center which is located in Seattle, Washington.
Rehabilitation Centers and Doctors
A rehabilitation center is a facility where patients work to reestablish or relearn abilities they lost because of a serious injury through therapy. Physical therapy helps with movement or previous loss of movement, which occupational therapy might focus on relearning activities of daily life or finding ways to perform them despite a new disability.
A burn center focuses on patients with serious burns. They not only treat burn injuries, but work to help patients return to everyday life often with therapists, social workers, psychiatrists and other professionals who are not conventional doctors. Many health and wellness clinics have burn areas in them but the Specialized Burn Centers in Washington are located at Seattle’s Harborview Medical Center, Tacoma’s St. Joseph Medical Center and Spokane’s Sacred Heart Medical Center.
Assisted Living Facilities : Find A Dentist
These facilities may be appropriate for injury victims who need long-term physical or occupational therapy and help with everyday living. This might be true of someone with a severe brain injury or spinal damage. In addition to providing meals and housekeeping, as at a nursing home, the staff at an assisted living facility works with patients to help them regain independence and abilities. Some patients are able to return home eventually; others may need to remain in a facility throughout their lives.
Home care Rosebank Olivedale and Fourways is an option for patients whose injuries do not require full time hospitalization. A nurse or other health care professional might visit everyday or a few times per week. Depending on the injuries, the professional might do anything from changing bandages to administering a treatment with an IV to helping with personal needs on all Dentist .
Family Dental Plans: Top Five Benefits
This may seem like a strange question. If you suffer from PMS, menstrual cramps, menopausal or peri-menopausal symptoms, headaches or migraines with your period, varicose veins, endometriosis, bladder infections, chronic miscarriages, or infertility there is a good chance your uterus is unhappy, prolapsed or tipped.
A healthy and happy uterus is dependent on optimal circulation of blood, Qi, nervous function, lymph, as well as good nutrient and mineral balance.
7 Healthy Tips for a Happy Uterus:
1.Walking is a wonderful free exercise that gets your heart pumping, your diaphragm descending for optimal digestion and breathing and your legs moving for good circulation. Walking also boosts the "good cholesterol" and lowers the "bad cholesterol" in your blood, which helps to keep the heart healthy. All of these things are necessary for a healthy uterus.
2. Yoga, especially inverted poses like downward dog, and partial or full headstands help the uterus go back into the proper position allowing for good circulation.
3. Greens, such as stinging nettles, kale, spinach, collard greens, etc, are very important for both alkaline balance as well as mineral balance for optimal nervous function. Women who drink 2-4 cups of stinging nettle tea daily and eat cooked leafy greens as well as lettuce salads are getting the abundant folic acid, calcium, magnesium, and other minerals needed to create a healthy baby.
4. Green Drinks such as spirulina, chlorella, oat grass and wheat grass are wonderful sources of minerals and high in chlorophyll. Wheatgrass is also an excellent source of vitamins A, B, C, E and K, as well as calcium, chlorine, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, sulphur, cobalt and zinc. The chemical structure of the chlorophyll molecule and its similarity to the hemin molecule of hemoglobin makes wheatgrass quickly utilized by the human blood stream, giving the human body the fundamental components to eliminate disease and regenerate itself. (Hemoglobin is one of the major components of our blood) Good strong blood and the proper mineral balance are essential for a healthy fetus.
5. Seeds and Oils and good fats are necessary for optimal hormone production. Some good sources of cholesterol are Flax seed oil, fish oil, olive oil, canola oil, almonds, cashews, avocados among many other sources. Flax seed oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, especially alpha-linolenic acid, which appears to be beneficial for preventing heart disease, inflammatory bowel disease, arthritis and a variety of other health conditions. Flaxseed also contains a group of chemicals called lignans that may play a role in the prevention of cancer. Studies have shown that Mothers with low serum cholesterol levels are significantly more likely to deliver premature babies, or full-term babies with lower weight, according to the study, "Adverse Birth Outcomes Among Mothers With Low Serum Cholesterol." Researchers studied 118 women with low total cholesterol (less than the 10th percentile) and 940 women with mid-range cholesterol levels.
6. Castor Oil is derived from the bean of the Ricinus communis or Palma Christi plant (Palm of Christ). The Palma Christi has been used for therapeutically for centuries in the folk medicine of ancient India, China, Persia, Africa, Greece, Rome, and the Americas. It has large, beautiful palmate leaves hence the name, Palma Christi.
Used externally, castor oil has been used to treat a variety of health conditions such as arthritis, liver and intestinal disorders, tumors, cysts, and skin conditions. Taken internally, castor oil is a strong cathartic and is not recommended as there are ways to relieve constipation that are not as harsh. Some of the numerous uses of castor oil include the treatment of breast cysts, fibroids, and ovarian cysts, congestion of abdominal organs, skin conditions, small benign cysts, and adhesions from surgery. Wherever there is congestion, decreased blood flow and need for healing, castor oil can be an effective treatment option.
Castor oil has a unique chemical profile rich in ricinoleic acid which is known to exist in nature only in castor oil. Double blind studies conducted by the Association for Research and Enlightenment, Inc. demonstrated an increase in lymphocyte production and the level of activity of T-cell lymphocytes in the group that used castor oil packs. T-cell lymphocytes originate from bone marrow and the thymus gland, identify and kill invaders such as virus, bacteria, and fungi. In addition to strengthening the immune system, castor oil appears to have a balancing effect on the autonomic nervous system, increasing liver activity and improving digestion.
7. Maya Abdominal Massage is a non invasive external massage of the abdomen that increases circulation around the reproductive organs allowing for the proper balance of hormones, minerals for optimal nervous function, ad good circulation of lymph. Many women have a laundry list of physical and emotional symptoms that can be addressed and prevented with these simple, noninvasive massage techniques. When reproductive organs shift, they can constrict the normal flow of blood and lymph, and disrupting nerve connections. Just a few extra ounces sitting on blood and lymph vessels can cause havoc throughout the different systems in the body. By shifting the uterus back into place, homeostasis, or the natural balance of the body, is restored in the pelvic area and the surrounding organs. Toxins are flushed and nutrients that help to tone tissue and balance hormones are restored to normal order. This is essential for healthy pregnancy, labor, and delivery.
Find A Clinic doctors, Gyn Doctors , Health wellness centre, Baby Clinic, Health and wellness coach, Registered Counsellor, Podiatrists, Eye Care, Clinical Psychologist, Medical and dental centre, Health medical centre, Clinic radiology, Dermatologist, GPs, Dentists, Lancet Laboratories , Pathology, Ampath Labs, Health and wellness services, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, Family medical centre, Medical Centre, Dermatologist clinic, Female Family Doctors, Lancet Labs, Chiropractor, Eye Clinic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, Health and wellness companies, Beauty Clinic, Audiologist, Medicine doctor, Dentist , Optometrist, Family dentistry, Doctors , Pharmacy, Chiropractor , Family Doctor, Urgent Care Centre, Family Doctors, Family practitioner, Psychologists, Neck Pain Clinic, Lancet Labs, Dermatologist , Skin Doctor, Somatologist, General practice doctor, Occupational Therapist, DBC Back , Executive Medicals, Psychologists
Dentists have a variety of tasks that they must complete on a daily basis, and they usually have a staff to help coordinate and assist with those many tasks. A dentist office must coordinate the circulation of patients with a combination of phone calls and records. Paper records are still widely used, but there has been a huge push in the medical industry to digitize and network patient records. Then there is the matter of dental technology itself.
Dentists have a large selection of tools from which to choose and apply to particular situations. To help keep this grouping of technologies running smoothly, a dentist employs a staff of aides, such as dental assistants and dental hygienists. Everything from X-ray machines to the many hand held dentist tools such as electric drills and brushes and simple metal picks must be accounted for and organized in the most effective way possible. Each situation with every patient counts, and being time efficient is crucial to keep a dentist office running smoothly.
Because dentists have a staff helping them run a tight ship, so to speak, they are able to focus on their primary role in the office. The primary role of dentists is to care for patients' tooth and gum health. While hygienists and assistants can carry out many of the function of tooth maintenance, such as cleaning, a dentist can diagnose problems and repair damaged teeth.
One of the many procedures a dentist can perform is a filling. A cavity is a hole in the hard outer layer of a tooth. A cavity can be filled with different materials. A dentist must make the decision of which material to use and then apply it properly to the tooth.
Dentists also can perform root canals. A root canal involves removing the inflamed or infected pulp from within a tooth. The procedure itself is feared because it is invasive and involves a lot of drilling, so it may be painful. However, in the long run, a root canal will reduce one's sensation of tooth pain by removing the irritated nerve from the tooth and filling in the remaining hole.
A dentist also has the duty of interpreting X-rays and molds of teeth. Through various techniques, a dentist collects information about the health of each individual mouth. These records are kept over time. This data, when digitized, can be stored electronically and cross-referenced instantly with other records. By using X-rays, molds, and simple observation, a dentist can diagnose problems and apply the most effective solution for the benefit of the patient.
Dentists have many tasks that they must complete. Their staff aids them in coordinating these tasks so that they can focus on the specific duties for which they were trained. The technical training that a dentist must go through gives him or her the ability to operate different tools toward the goal of keeping mouths healthy. As the practice of dentistry makes new technological innovations, dentist offices will have to continually innovate ways of remaining efficient to keep the mouths of the population healthy and functioning properly.
Different Types of Wellness
Increasingly, people from the industrialized countries of the world are seeking out places where they can both enjoy a vacation and obtain medical treatment at a lower price, than in their country of residence.
Medical tourists are increasing in numbers, but which country is best for medical tourism?
Medical Tours to India
For medical tourism, India is a relative newcomer, but recent estimates indicate that the number of foreign patients is increasing by 30 percent each year.
India has world-class medical facilities, with excellent staff in all areas of medical care.
All Indian hospitals are equipped with the latest electronic and medical diagnostic equipment.
India also has the technological sophistication and infrastructure to maintain its market lead. Indian pharmaceuticals for example, meet the stringent requirements of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
India's quality of care is world class, competing with any other industrialized country.
Indian medical centres provide services that are in fact uncommon elsewhere. For example, hip surgery patients in India can have a hip-resurfacing procedure, in which damaged bone is taken away and replaced with chrome alloy, an operation that costs less and causes fewer traumas than the traditional replacement operations carried out in western countries.
Medical Tours to South East Asia
South East Asia offers some great advantages for medical tourism with Thailand being the main destination and the main rival to India.
The Thai medical profession is probably the most advanced in the region and successive governments have invested in ensuring the necessary education and training.
Many doctors undertake specialist training abroad, particularly in the United States and Europe and are at least as well qualified as physicians in these countries.
Singapore and Malaysia also have well developed medical facilities.
Medical Tours to the East Indies
For North American patients, the East Indies and Costa Rica in particular, are the chosen destinations for medical tourism.
Costa Rica provides close, inexpensive, high-quality medical care without a trans-Pacific flight. Cost wise though, it is more expensive for medical tourists generally, particularly from destinations outside of the USA.
Medical Tourism in South America
Medical tourism in South America is mainly cantered on Brazil, which has been a centre for plastic surgery for many years.
With a large influx of medical tourists particularly from the USA, Brazil has built a well-developed healthcare industry in all areas.
Although slightly more pricey than many other destinations, you are assured of good quality healthcare in Brazil - one of the most beautiful countries on earth.
Argentina also has a flourishing medical tourism industry, but its geographical position is a problem for many.
Medical tourism is growing in other countries with Eastern Europe, Africa, and Dubai entering the industry.
Dubai will be providing the Dubai Healthcare City by 2010 and this clinic will be the largest international medical centre between Europe and South East Asia. Including a new branch of the Harvard Medical School, it will be prestigious, but aimed at the medical tourist with more money.
Eastern Europe and Africa are emerging markets, but probably have some way to go to match the healthcare services available in countries such as India.
India for Medical Tourism
There are many choices for medical tourists seeking overseas healthcare and many destinations have reasons to recommend them, but overall for medical tourists, it will be India that will be the most attractive. Why? Simply, India has wide variety of treatments, world-class hospitals, and medical staff, is inexpensive, and offers a beautiful holiday destination.