Depending on Fourways Family Doctor , you may end up in a health care facility that is more specialized than a regular hospital of health center. Here are some of the types of specialized health care facilities you may be transported to, depending on the nature of your injuries.
Trauma Medical Center
A trauma center is a hospital that is equipped to provide extensive emergency medical services to patients suffering from traumatic injuries. The injuries that a trauma center treats are ranked from Level I to Level IV, with the most serious cases at Level I facilities. Because medical doctors are expensive to run and not very common; patients outside major cities have to be airlifted to one. Washington State’s main trauma center is Harborview Medical Center which is located in Seattle, Washington.
Rehabilitation Centers and Doctors
A rehabilitation center is a facility where patients work to reestablish or relearn abilities they lost because of a serious injury through therapy. Physical therapy helps with movement or previous loss of movement, which occupational therapy might focus on relearning activities of daily life or finding ways to perform them despite a new disability.
A burn center focuses on patients with serious burns. They not only treat burn injuries, but work to help patients return to everyday life often with therapists, social workers, psychiatrists and other professionals who are not conventional doctors. Many health and wellness clinics have burn areas in them but the Specialized Burn Centers in Washington are located at Seattle’s Harborview Medical Center, Tacoma’s St. Joseph Medical Center and Spokane’s Sacred Heart Medical Center.
Assisted Living Facilities : Fourways Family Doctor
These facilities may be appropriate for injury victims who need long-term physical or occupational therapy and help with everyday living. This might be true of someone with a severe brain injury or spinal damage. In addition to providing meals and housekeeping, as at a nursing home, the staff at an assisted living facility works with patients to help them regain independence and abilities. Some patients are able to return home eventually; others may need to remain in a facility throughout their lives.
Home care Rosebank Olivedale and Fourways is an option for patients whose injuries do not require full time hospitalization. A nurse or other health care professional might visit everyday or a few times per week. Depending on the injuries, the professional might do anything from changing bandages to administering a treatment with an IV to helping with personal needs on all Family Doctor .
Dentists: What Do They Do?
This may seem like a strange question. If you suffer from PMS, menstrual cramps, menopausal or peri-menopausal symptoms, headaches or migraines with your period, varicose veins, endometriosis, bladder infections, chronic miscarriages, or infertility there is a good chance your uterus is unhappy, prolapsed or tipped.
A healthy and happy uterus is dependent on optimal circulation of blood, Qi, nervous function, lymph, as well as good nutrient and mineral balance.
7 Healthy Tips for a Happy Uterus:
1.Walking is a wonderful free exercise that gets your heart pumping, your diaphragm descending for optimal digestion and breathing and your legs moving for good circulation. Walking also boosts the "good cholesterol" and lowers the "bad cholesterol" in your blood, which helps to keep the heart healthy. All of these things are necessary for a healthy uterus.
2. Yoga, especially inverted poses like downward dog, and partial or full headstands help the uterus go back into the proper position allowing for good circulation.
3. Greens, such as stinging nettles, kale, spinach, collard greens, etc, are very important for both alkaline balance as well as mineral balance for optimal nervous function. Women who drink 2-4 cups of stinging nettle tea daily and eat cooked leafy greens as well as lettuce salads are getting the abundant folic acid, calcium, magnesium, and other minerals needed to create a healthy baby.
4. Green Drinks such as spirulina, chlorella, oat grass and wheat grass are wonderful sources of minerals and high in chlorophyll. Wheatgrass is also an excellent source of vitamins A, B, C, E and K, as well as calcium, chlorine, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, sulphur, cobalt and zinc. The chemical structure of the chlorophyll molecule and its similarity to the hemin molecule of hemoglobin makes wheatgrass quickly utilized by the human blood stream, giving the human body the fundamental components to eliminate disease and regenerate itself. (Hemoglobin is one of the major components of our blood) Good strong blood and the proper mineral balance are essential for a healthy fetus.
5. Seeds and Oils and good fats are necessary for optimal hormone production. Some good sources of cholesterol are Flax seed oil, fish oil, olive oil, canola oil, almonds, cashews, avocados among many other sources. Flax seed oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, especially alpha-linolenic acid, which appears to be beneficial for preventing heart disease, inflammatory bowel disease, arthritis and a variety of other health conditions. Flaxseed also contains a group of chemicals called lignans that may play a role in the prevention of cancer. Studies have shown that Mothers with low serum cholesterol levels are significantly more likely to deliver premature babies, or full-term babies with lower weight, according to the study, "Adverse Birth Outcomes Among Mothers With Low Serum Cholesterol." Researchers studied 118 women with low total cholesterol (less than the 10th percentile) and 940 women with mid-range cholesterol levels.
6. Castor Oil is derived from the bean of the Ricinus communis or Palma Christi plant (Palm of Christ). The Palma Christi has been used for therapeutically for centuries in the folk medicine of ancient India, China, Persia, Africa, Greece, Rome, and the Americas. It has large, beautiful palmate leaves hence the name, Palma Christi.
Used externally, castor oil has been used to treat a variety of health conditions such as arthritis, liver and intestinal disorders, tumors, cysts, and skin conditions. Taken internally, castor oil is a strong cathartic and is not recommended as there are ways to relieve constipation that are not as harsh. Some of the numerous uses of castor oil include the treatment of breast cysts, fibroids, and ovarian cysts, congestion of abdominal organs, skin conditions, small benign cysts, and adhesions from surgery. Wherever there is congestion, decreased blood flow and need for healing, castor oil can be an effective treatment option.
Castor oil has a unique chemical profile rich in ricinoleic acid which is known to exist in nature only in castor oil. Double blind studies conducted by the Association for Research and Enlightenment, Inc. demonstrated an increase in lymphocyte production and the level of activity of T-cell lymphocytes in the group that used castor oil packs. T-cell lymphocytes originate from bone marrow and the thymus gland, identify and kill invaders such as virus, bacteria, and fungi. In addition to strengthening the immune system, castor oil appears to have a balancing effect on the autonomic nervous system, increasing liver activity and improving digestion.
7. Maya Abdominal Massage is a non invasive external massage of the abdomen that increases circulation around the reproductive organs allowing for the proper balance of hormones, minerals for optimal nervous function, ad good circulation of lymph. Many women have a laundry list of physical and emotional symptoms that can be addressed and prevented with these simple, noninvasive massage techniques. When reproductive organs shift, they can constrict the normal flow of blood and lymph, and disrupting nerve connections. Just a few extra ounces sitting on blood and lymph vessels can cause havoc throughout the different systems in the body. By shifting the uterus back into place, homeostasis, or the natural balance of the body, is restored in the pelvic area and the surrounding organs. Toxins are flushed and nutrients that help to tone tissue and balance hormones are restored to normal order. This is essential for healthy pregnancy, labor, and delivery.
Fourways Clinic doctors, Gyn Doctors , Health wellness centre, Baby Clinic, Health and wellness coach, Registered Counsellor, Podiatrists, Eye Care, Clinical Psychologist, Medical and dental centre, Health medical centre, Clinic radiology, Dermatologist, GPs, Dentists, Lancet Laboratories , Pathology, Ampath Labs, Health and wellness services, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, Family medical centre, Medical Centre, Dermatologist clinic, Female Family Doctors, Lancet Labs, Chiropractor, Eye Clinic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, Health and wellness companies, Beauty Clinic, Audiologist, Medicine doctor, Dentist , Optometrist, Family dentistry, Doctors , Pharmacy, Chiropractor , Family Doctor, Urgent Care Centre, Family Doctors, Family practitioner, Psychologists, Neck Pain Clinic, Lancet Labs, Dermatologist , Skin Doctor, Somatologist, General practice doctor, Occupational Therapist, DBC Back , Executive Medicals, Psychologists
For adults seeking counseling, talk therapy is one of the most effective forms of treatment. Children, however, don't benefit from talk therapy and need their own type of engagement - through play. Children often have difficulty expressing and understanding their feelings, and playing provides a safe and comfortable way for children to express themselves. Even very verbally expressive children express themselves more fully through playing.
THEN IS "PLAY THERAPY?"
In a counseling office, toys, games and activities are used to represent words and play therapy clinicians are trained to engage and understand what they have difficulty saying with words. Children and therapists alike can use dolls, puppets, paints, or other toys to allow children the opportunity to work through, heal, and move past the difficult times in their lives.
ARE ALL THERAPISTS "PLAY THERAPISTS?"
As with all therapies, only a trained professional should be providing this service. Someone with the credential "Registered Play Therapist" or "RPT" has gone through additional and extensive training to become certified by the Association for Play Therapy.
HOW SHOULD I PICK A THERAPIST?
Therapists have many different levels of education and training. If you're seeking a mental health professional for yourself or your child, you may want to ask the following questions to be able to determine if this is a good fit for your family:
-What was your training as a mental health professional?
-What mental health degree have you earned, and have you become licensed?
-Have you ever received formal education regarding working with children?
-Have you ever received formal education on play therapy? Are you a Registered Play Therapist?
WHEN DOES A CHILD NEED THERAPY?
As children grow up, they can experience difficulty with coping. This can be seen in acting out behaviors, or emotionality, or becoming withdrawn and isolated. This can be seen at home, at school, and with other children. They may exhibit concerning behaviors, and some children may need more help than others to learn how to manage their feelings. Generally, if your child's teacher or pediatrician is concerned about your child, play therapy may be appropriate for your family.
HOW TO I TALK TO MY CHILD ABOUT PLAY THERAPY?
It's a wonderful idea to prep your child for play therapy. You can let them know that they will be coming each week to play in the playroom with an adult that wants to help them learn how to take care of their feelings. You can reassure them that it can help children to have someone special to talk and play with.
WHAT DOES THE THERAPIST NEED TO KNOW FROM THE PARENT?
Therapists understand that you, the parent, are the expert in regards to their child and they are simply a partner in helping your child's emotional health. It's very important to report events to the therapist directly - but please don't ask your child to report the events directly, especially if this is done as a punishment. Even if you're not sure that an event in question is pertinent to counseling, it's always a good idea to call the therapist and talk out the event.
CAN I ASK MY CHILD ABOUT THEIR THERAPY SESSION?
It can be very tempting to ask your child "what they learned" immediately after session. If at all possible, please try to avoid that. Try to empathize with what it would feel like if you were asked such a question immediately after your own counseling session. Parents will always be informed by the therapist if anything came up in session relating to the child's safety or any other vital information.
It's important to respect your child's privacy - as this is the most crucial way we allow our children to have authentic self-expression. Have patience and remember that progress takes time and children should be allowed to work at their pace - in order to build a secure and trusting therapeutic relationship and to ensure that goals are met.
Dentist - Preparing For A Dental Appointment
The phrase "junk food" itself speaks of endangerment to health. Junk foods are deemed to be trash foods as they are high in fat and sugar components regardless of how they are labeled by manufacturers. The apparent effect of junk food on health administers when there is excess in intake. Teenagers comprise the higher bulk of junk food fanatics and they seem to be unhealthy with such a lifestyle of munching in chips, fries, crackers and other snack foods in front of the television. Majority of junk food choices do not deliver beneficial nutritional values, but you could actually integrate a few junk foods in your diet with an assurance that it is of moderate amount.
Regardless of age, the effect of junk food on health settles as bad as it could be especially when you eat too much of some. You will end up easily getting exhausted by being a junk food fanatic. Because it doesn't balance the appropriate levels of energy you ought to consume, you have tendencies of craving for more food when you eat junk foods. Also, you can be less focused with anything you undertake at work and home because what you are acquiring from junk foods are mere fats, not healthy ingredients. Also, you will experience lack of important oxygen that eventually result to poor brain functioning.
In the long run, your heart cannot function as it should because of too much cholesterol absorbed in the body as an effect of junk food on health. If there's too much plaque in the arteries, your heart has to assert more effort in pumping blood which may cause you to be in fatigue. The excess amount of cholesterol in your body can destroy the liver as well, leaving you overweight at the same time. Most of obese kids have acquired their overweight dilemma because of too much junk food intake. Most of those who are junk food eaters are likely to get diabetic at any point in their life because of high presence of sugar in the body. High blood pressure due to great amount of sodium from junk foods can also occur.
As they always say it, whatever is avoided comes so tasty. Ice cream, chocolate, junk foods, fries, burgers, potato chips and shakes are all tempting. You can perhaps be disciplined in indulging in these types of food because they are initially unhealthy to have. Too much of anything sweet or salty is health threatening. Not only will you have a bad effect of junk food on health, you will also largely embrace mood swings, decreased enthusiasm to handle workouts, weight gain and constipation problems if you eat junk foods unstoppably. In lieu of them, you can pick fruits and high-fiber food for good snacks and meals.