Depending on Nearest Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon , you may end up in a health care facility that is more specialized than a regular hospital of health center. Here are some of the types of specialized health care facilities you may be transported to, depending on the nature of your injuries.
Trauma Medical Center
A trauma center is a hospital that is equipped to provide extensive emergency medical services to patients suffering from traumatic injuries. The injuries that a trauma center treats are ranked from Level I to Level IV, with the most serious cases at Level I facilities. Because medical doctors are expensive to run and not very common; patients outside major cities have to be airlifted to one. Washington State’s main trauma center is Harborview Medical Center which is located in Seattle, Washington.
Rehabilitation Centers and Doctors
A rehabilitation center is a facility where patients work to reestablish or relearn abilities they lost because of a serious injury through therapy. Physical therapy helps with movement or previous loss of movement, which occupational therapy might focus on relearning activities of daily life or finding ways to perform them despite a new disability.
A burn center focuses on patients with serious burns. They not only treat burn injuries, but work to help patients return to everyday life often with therapists, social workers, psychiatrists and other professionals who are not conventional doctors. Many health and wellness clinics have burn areas in them but the Specialized Burn Centers in Washington are located at Seattle’s Harborview Medical Center, Tacoma’s St. Joseph Medical Center and Spokane’s Sacred Heart Medical Center.
Assisted Living Facilities : Nearest Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon
These facilities may be appropriate for injury victims who need long-term physical or occupational therapy and help with everyday living. This might be true of someone with a severe brain injury or spinal damage. In addition to providing meals and housekeeping, as at a nursing home, the staff at an assisted living facility works with patients to help them regain independence and abilities. Some patients are able to return home eventually; others may need to remain in a facility throughout their lives.
Home care Rosebank Olivedale and Fourways is an option for patients whose injuries do not require full time hospitalization. A nurse or other health care professional might visit everyday or a few times per week. Depending on the injuries, the professional might do anything from changing bandages to administering a treatment with an IV to helping with personal needs on all Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon .
Is Your Uterus Happy? Healthy Tips For A Happy Uterus
While most people visit Barbados for a relaxing holiday in the sun, the realities of life often come into play when medical assistance is needed. This was in the international spotlight recently when emergency medical assistance was required of the British Prime Minister, Tony Blair and his wife Cherie's son Euan.
It is important to have a plan in case of a medical emergency during your stay in Barbados. Ambulances can often take up to one hour to reach your location, especially if you are on the busy West Coast.
Barbados is fortunate to have highly skilled medical personnel but those practitioners often do not have access to state of the art equipment. With few exceptions, the medical expertise and bedside manner of Barbados' physicians is on a World class level. It is highly recommended for those visiting Barbados to be proactive in selecting a course of action should the need arise.
What are your choices?
The Government owned Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) is Barbados' only full service hospital, with intensive care facilities, located just outside of the capital Bridgetown. It also has a reciprocal arrangement for British nationals on the National Health Service (NHS) scheme, where you would be treated and cared for in a Public Ward. Be advised that QEH is often crowded and the wait can be long and sometimes frustrating if your medical needs are not deemed to be of immediate attention. Telephone 436-6450 or 511 for emergency dispatch.
FMH Emergency Medical Clinic is a private accident and emergency medical centre. Located in Belleville, St Michael, this facility offers X-ray, MRI and care for serious but not life threatening injuries. FMH is open from 8 a.m. until 11:30 p.m. and will handle most emergencies or refer patients to the QEH as needed. Telephone 228-6120.
BayView Hospital, a privately owned and operated facility, with seven private rooms and four four-bed semi-private rooms, has been operational since 1989. Situated on the outskirts of Bridgetown and within close proximity of many leading hotels, BayView Hospital offers private non-emergency medical care in a variety of fields including cardiology, dentistry, internal medicine, obstetrics and gynaecology, ophthalmology, orthopaedic surgery, plastic surgery and urology. However, you must be admitted under the specific care of a physician who holds admitting privileges at this hospital. Please call 436 5446, or visit their website BayViewHospital.com.bb for more information.
A new state of the art, privately owned facility has opened its doors on the West Coast - Sandy Crest Medical Centre in Sunset Crest, St James. This ultra-modern complex offers 24 hour comprehensive emergency and non-emergency care service, x-ray, ultra-sounds, CT technology (by the end of the year), access to an ambulance service, 24-hour pharmacy access, as well as an asthma bay. This emergency clinic has employed the services of five of the island's leading emergency room practitioners, one for every shift. Please call 419-4911, or visit their web site SandyCrest.net (under construction) for more information.
The island has two private ambulance services, Island Care Ambulance (246) 435 9425, and Get Help Ambulance Service (246) 438 4357, and the QEH Ambulance Service (246) 436 6450 or 511, all of which are located in the Bridgetown area. However, there is a QEH Ambulance service out of the Arch Hall Fire Station in St Thomas, to service the West/North coast of the island. In extreme cases, patients will be air-ambulanced to either Canada or the USA.
Nearest Clinic doctors, Gyn Doctors , Health wellness centre, Baby Clinic, Health and wellness coach, Registered Counsellor, Podiatrists, Eye Care, Clinical Psychologist, Medical and dental centre, Health medical centre, Clinic radiology, Dermatologist, GPs, Dentists, Lancet Laboratories , Pathology, Ampath Labs, Health and wellness services, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, Family medical centre, Medical Centre, Dermatologist clinic, Female Family Doctors, Lancet Labs, Chiropractor, Eye Clinic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, Health and wellness companies, Beauty Clinic, Audiologist, Medicine doctor, Dentist , Optometrist, Family dentistry, Doctors , Pharmacy, Chiropractor , Family Doctor, Urgent Care Centre, Family Doctors, Family practitioner, Psychologists, Neck Pain Clinic, Lancet Labs, Dermatologist , Skin Doctor, Somatologist, General practice doctor, Occupational Therapist, DBC Back , Executive Medicals, Psychologists
This may seem like a strange question. If you suffer from PMS, menstrual cramps, menopausal or peri-menopausal symptoms, headaches or migraines with your period, varicose veins, endometriosis, bladder infections, chronic miscarriages, or infertility there is a good chance your uterus is unhappy, prolapsed or tipped.
A healthy and happy uterus is dependent on optimal circulation of blood, Qi, nervous function, lymph, as well as good nutrient and mineral balance.
7 Healthy Tips for a Happy Uterus:
1.Walking is a wonderful free exercise that gets your heart pumping, your diaphragm descending for optimal digestion and breathing and your legs moving for good circulation. Walking also boosts the "good cholesterol" and lowers the "bad cholesterol" in your blood, which helps to keep the heart healthy. All of these things are necessary for a healthy uterus.
2. Yoga, especially inverted poses like downward dog, and partial or full headstands help the uterus go back into the proper position allowing for good circulation.
3. Greens, such as stinging nettles, kale, spinach, collard greens, etc, are very important for both alkaline balance as well as mineral balance for optimal nervous function. Women who drink 2-4 cups of stinging nettle tea daily and eat cooked leafy greens as well as lettuce salads are getting the abundant folic acid, calcium, magnesium, and other minerals needed to create a healthy baby.
4. Green Drinks such as spirulina, chlorella, oat grass and wheat grass are wonderful sources of minerals and high in chlorophyll. Wheatgrass is also an excellent source of vitamins A, B, C, E and K, as well as calcium, chlorine, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, sulphur, cobalt and zinc. The chemical structure of the chlorophyll molecule and its similarity to the hemin molecule of hemoglobin makes wheatgrass quickly utilized by the human blood stream, giving the human body the fundamental components to eliminate disease and regenerate itself. (Hemoglobin is one of the major components of our blood) Good strong blood and the proper mineral balance are essential for a healthy fetus.
5. Seeds and Oils and good fats are necessary for optimal hormone production. Some good sources of cholesterol are Flax seed oil, fish oil, olive oil, canola oil, almonds, cashews, avocados among many other sources. Flax seed oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, especially alpha-linolenic acid, which appears to be beneficial for preventing heart disease, inflammatory bowel disease, arthritis and a variety of other health conditions. Flaxseed also contains a group of chemicals called lignans that may play a role in the prevention of cancer. Studies have shown that Mothers with low serum cholesterol levels are significantly more likely to deliver premature babies, or full-term babies with lower weight, according to the study, "Adverse Birth Outcomes Among Mothers With Low Serum Cholesterol." Researchers studied 118 women with low total cholesterol (less than the 10th percentile) and 940 women with mid-range cholesterol levels.
6. Castor Oil is derived from the bean of the Ricinus communis or Palma Christi plant (Palm of Christ). The Palma Christi has been used for therapeutically for centuries in the folk medicine of ancient India, China, Persia, Africa, Greece, Rome, and the Americas. It has large, beautiful palmate leaves hence the name, Palma Christi.
Used externally, castor oil has been used to treat a variety of health conditions such as arthritis, liver and intestinal disorders, tumors, cysts, and skin conditions. Taken internally, castor oil is a strong cathartic and is not recommended as there are ways to relieve constipation that are not as harsh. Some of the numerous uses of castor oil include the treatment of breast cysts, fibroids, and ovarian cysts, congestion of abdominal organs, skin conditions, small benign cysts, and adhesions from surgery. Wherever there is congestion, decreased blood flow and need for healing, castor oil can be an effective treatment option.
Castor oil has a unique chemical profile rich in ricinoleic acid which is known to exist in nature only in castor oil. Double blind studies conducted by the Association for Research and Enlightenment, Inc. demonstrated an increase in lymphocyte production and the level of activity of T-cell lymphocytes in the group that used castor oil packs. T-cell lymphocytes originate from bone marrow and the thymus gland, identify and kill invaders such as virus, bacteria, and fungi. In addition to strengthening the immune system, castor oil appears to have a balancing effect on the autonomic nervous system, increasing liver activity and improving digestion.
7. Maya Abdominal Massage is a non invasive external massage of the abdomen that increases circulation around the reproductive organs allowing for the proper balance of hormones, minerals for optimal nervous function, ad good circulation of lymph. Many women have a laundry list of physical and emotional symptoms that can be addressed and prevented with these simple, noninvasive massage techniques. When reproductive organs shift, they can constrict the normal flow of blood and lymph, and disrupting nerve connections. Just a few extra ounces sitting on blood and lymph vessels can cause havoc throughout the different systems in the body. By shifting the uterus back into place, homeostasis, or the natural balance of the body, is restored in the pelvic area and the surrounding organs. Toxins are flushed and nutrients that help to tone tissue and balance hormones are restored to normal order. This is essential for healthy pregnancy, labor, and delivery.
How Do Dentists Whiten Teeth?
Part of having a healthy lifestyle is maintaining a good dental health. In fact, it recommended that you pay your dentist a visit once in every six months. As you know, the mouth is a moist mucus membrane and thus, it is not impossible that bacteria may breed on it. When your mouth is infected with bacteria and you don't have proper dental hygiene, this may lead to serious conditions such as mouth sores or canker sores, tonsillitis, and tooth infection. This is the reason why it is very important to consult a dentist every now and then. However, choosing a good dentist can be a bit daunting because not all of them are good in practicing their profession. So, what to look for in a dentist? Consider these qualities:
The most important thing that you need to consider when you're looking for a dental practitioner is the education background and hands-on professional experience. A good specialist is someone who has completed the necessary course for dentistry, has passed the licensing board exam, and has certifications to prove his ability to practice his profession. Check also the professional experience. Choose those who have been in the industry for a couple of years already.
Another quality of a good dentist that you need to factor in is his ability to communicate well with his clients. He should be able to explain the methods and procedures clearly using simple words that can easily be understood. You also have to take note on the way he explains the procedures, and whether or not he is confident about what he is saying -he should sound like he really knows what he's doing. He should be able to respond quickly to your questions.
Lastly, check the facilities inside the clinic. Check the instruments and the machines used by the dentist. This is a very important criterion that you should look into because the mouth can be quite sensitive. Make sure that the instruments are always clean and sterilized, and that the machines are working properly. Additionally, see to it that the clinic is tidy and well maintain, the staff is friendly, and that you are comfortable with the atmosphere inside the room.
A good dental practitioner is someone who cares about the welfare of his clients, and therefore he ensures that he is armed with proper education and certification, good professional practice, and a working environment that feels like home.