Depending on In my area Optometrist , you may end up in a health care facility that is more specialized than a regular hospital of health center. Here are some of the types of specialized health care facilities you may be transported to, depending on the nature of your injuries.
Trauma Medical Center
A trauma center is a hospital that is equipped to provide extensive emergency medical services to patients suffering from traumatic injuries. The injuries that a trauma center treats are ranked from Level I to Level IV, with the most serious cases at Level I facilities. Because medical doctors are expensive to run and not very common; patients outside major cities have to be airlifted to one. Washington State’s main trauma center is Harborview Medical Center which is located in Seattle, Washington.
Rehabilitation Centers and Doctors
A rehabilitation center is a facility where patients work to reestablish or relearn abilities they lost because of a serious injury through therapy. Physical therapy helps with movement or previous loss of movement, which occupational therapy might focus on relearning activities of daily life or finding ways to perform them despite a new disability.
A burn center focuses on patients with serious burns. They not only treat burn injuries, but work to help patients return to everyday life often with therapists, social workers, psychiatrists and other professionals who are not conventional doctors. Many health and wellness clinics have burn areas in them but the Specialized Burn Centers in Washington are located at Seattle’s Harborview Medical Center, Tacoma’s St. Joseph Medical Center and Spokane’s Sacred Heart Medical Center.
Assisted Living Facilities : In my area Optometrist
These facilities may be appropriate for injury victims who need long-term physical or occupational therapy and help with everyday living. This might be true of someone with a severe brain injury or spinal damage. In addition to providing meals and housekeeping, as at a nursing home, the staff at an assisted living facility works with patients to help them regain independence and abilities. Some patients are able to return home eventually; others may need to remain in a facility throughout their lives.
Home care Rosebank Olivedale and Fourways is an option for patients whose injuries do not require full time hospitalization. A nurse or other health care professional might visit everyday or a few times per week. Depending on the injuries, the professional might do anything from changing bandages to administering a treatment with an IV to helping with personal needs on all Optometrist .
5 Different Types of Health Care Facilities
One of the most common mistakes people make is not recognizing that there is a difference between a regular dentist and pediatric dentistry. While regular dentists are just a qualified to treat and maintain dental health, taking your child to see a specially trained dentist can make a significant difference in the outcome of the visit. Specialists in children's oral care have been specifically trained to deal with younger patients in order to provide them with care that is specific to their particular needs.
The Difference In Their Education
While all dentists receive adequate training in teeth and oral care, experts who specialize in dealing with children take an additional two to three years worth of care and experience in dealing with the particular needs of a child's growing teeth. This involves a residency where the specialist works not only with children and infants, but also with teenagers and special needs children.
This type of care involves knowledge and experience in managing their behavior during the visit, sedation, cavity prevention, as well as the growth and development of oral systems. This allows the dentist to identify problems and make corrections or initiate preventative techniques in an effort to ensure the child has a healthy mouth.
Pediatric Dentistry And Special Needs Children
Special needs children frequently require an entirely new set of knowledge from other children. Those who have undergone this special education have the knowledge and experience to ensure that both mentally and physically challenged children receive the quality of care they deserve. They have been trained to deal with difficult children, more fearful, or less patient than other children. Deformities and variations in growth and development are also common in special needs kids, and therefore, require specific knowledge in these areas.
Types of Treatments Can Pediatric Dentists Perform
Children require special treatments in order to ensure they don't have to undergo more serious treatments later on. Pediatric dentistry training gives the dentist knowledge he or she needs in order to identify risks that may have been transferred from the mother, nutrition and diet, information and support of habits such as pacifiers, and the assessment of their bite and teeth alignment. They will clean your child's teeth, give fluoride treatments, repair defects, cavities, and fix broken and damaged teeth. These oral specialists are also able to track and treat oral problems that may be associated with different diseases such as diabetes and gum disease.
Although they are found most easily in major centers such as Chicago, pediatric dentistry is practiced by many specialists who practice in small towns. Even if you have to commute, it is well worth the time. Children benefit significantly from their additional knowledge when it comes to behavior as well as the growth and development of your child's teeth. These dentists will not only be able to treat your child's teeth and mouth, but they will also ensure your child has a positive experience.
In my area Clinic doctors, Gyn Doctors , Health wellness centre, Baby Clinic, Health and wellness coach, Registered Counsellor, Podiatrists, Eye Care, Clinical Psychologist, Medical and dental centre, Health medical centre, Clinic radiology, Dermatologist, GPs, Dentists, Lancet Laboratories , Pathology, Ampath Labs, Health and wellness services, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, Family medical centre, Medical Centre, Dermatologist clinic, Female Family Doctors, Lancet Labs, Chiropractor, Eye Clinic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, Health and wellness companies, Beauty Clinic, Audiologist, Medicine doctor, Dentist , Optometrist, Family dentistry, Doctors , Pharmacy, Chiropractor , Family Doctor, Urgent Care Centre, Family Doctors, Family practitioner, Psychologists, Neck Pain Clinic, Lancet Labs, Dermatologist , Skin Doctor, Somatologist, General practice doctor, Occupational Therapist, DBC Back , Executive Medicals, Psychologists
What is health and wellness? Seems like an obvious question, but why does it delude us so much.
Let's define it.
In the dictionary in my mind, both "health" and "wellness" mean the same thing. Without looking in the published dictionary, I'd say being and feeling healthy and having wellness is our normal state of being and anything that disrupts it we call a disease.
Our normal state of being is feeling good, feeling robust, feeling strong, feeling happy, loving and feeling loved. In our normal state of good health, we are enjoying life, enjoying the environment we are in - both indoor and outdoor.
We can speak of
- a healthy body,
- a healthy environment,
- a healthy relationship,
- a healthy income,
And so on, And when all of these things are sustained over time, they are "wellness"
- personal wellness,
- physical wellness,
- financial wellness,
- environmental wellness.
And more. So the answer to what is health and wellness, can be found in analyzing what it isn't. It's tempting to just define it that way, but it is more than just the absence of disease, It is being fully alive to the best of what our bodies, our minds, our spirits, and our environment has to offer us.
The technology that we live with in this Century allows us to live better than any king or queen has ever lived - ever. And yet we still have disease, obesity, virus caused illnesses, bacteria caused illnesses, and lots and lots of unexplained diseases. What is it about health and wellness that it is so elusive?
The real problem is lack of interest. Life is competitive. We live in ever denser cities. We work through most of the best part of each day. During that time our minds are focused on the tasks at hand, When we are not at work, we want to enjoy life, relax, unwind, rest our brains from thinking about our work responsibilities. In this light it is easy to see why we are easy prey for the processed food industry.
Too often, however, the nutrients in the food that nourish us and give us health and wellness are processed out of the food.
In addition, industry produces toxic chemicals which can compromise our health and our overall wellness.
Stress too is a major factor in the state of our health and wellness.
Personal physical wellness, financial wellness, environmental wellness must be considered in today's world because they are all facets of the same thing. We must focus on our own health and strive for a healthy world in all it's facets.
Smoking is Injurious to Health
This may seem like a strange question. If you suffer from PMS, menstrual cramps, menopausal or peri-menopausal symptoms, headaches or migraines with your period, varicose veins, endometriosis, bladder infections, chronic miscarriages, or infertility there is a good chance your uterus is unhappy, prolapsed or tipped.
A healthy and happy uterus is dependent on optimal circulation of blood, Qi, nervous function, lymph, as well as good nutrient and mineral balance.
7 Healthy Tips for a Happy Uterus:
1.Walking is a wonderful free exercise that gets your heart pumping, your diaphragm descending for optimal digestion and breathing and your legs moving for good circulation. Walking also boosts the "good cholesterol" and lowers the "bad cholesterol" in your blood, which helps to keep the heart healthy. All of these things are necessary for a healthy uterus.
2. Yoga, especially inverted poses like downward dog, and partial or full headstands help the uterus go back into the proper position allowing for good circulation.
3. Greens, such as stinging nettles, kale, spinach, collard greens, etc, are very important for both alkaline balance as well as mineral balance for optimal nervous function. Women who drink 2-4 cups of stinging nettle tea daily and eat cooked leafy greens as well as lettuce salads are getting the abundant folic acid, calcium, magnesium, and other minerals needed to create a healthy baby.
4. Green Drinks such as spirulina, chlorella, oat grass and wheat grass are wonderful sources of minerals and high in chlorophyll. Wheatgrass is also an excellent source of vitamins A, B, C, E and K, as well as calcium, chlorine, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, sulphur, cobalt and zinc. The chemical structure of the chlorophyll molecule and its similarity to the hemin molecule of hemoglobin makes wheatgrass quickly utilized by the human blood stream, giving the human body the fundamental components to eliminate disease and regenerate itself. (Hemoglobin is one of the major components of our blood) Good strong blood and the proper mineral balance are essential for a healthy fetus.
5. Seeds and Oils and good fats are necessary for optimal hormone production. Some good sources of cholesterol are Flax seed oil, fish oil, olive oil, canola oil, almonds, cashews, avocados among many other sources. Flax seed oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, especially alpha-linolenic acid, which appears to be beneficial for preventing heart disease, inflammatory bowel disease, arthritis and a variety of other health conditions. Flaxseed also contains a group of chemicals called lignans that may play a role in the prevention of cancer. Studies have shown that Mothers with low serum cholesterol levels are significantly more likely to deliver premature babies, or full-term babies with lower weight, according to the study, "Adverse Birth Outcomes Among Mothers With Low Serum Cholesterol." Researchers studied 118 women with low total cholesterol (less than the 10th percentile) and 940 women with mid-range cholesterol levels.
6. Castor Oil is derived from the bean of the Ricinus communis or Palma Christi plant (Palm of Christ). The Palma Christi has been used for therapeutically for centuries in the folk medicine of ancient India, China, Persia, Africa, Greece, Rome, and the Americas. It has large, beautiful palmate leaves hence the name, Palma Christi.
Used externally, castor oil has been used to treat a variety of health conditions such as arthritis, liver and intestinal disorders, tumors, cysts, and skin conditions. Taken internally, castor oil is a strong cathartic and is not recommended as there are ways to relieve constipation that are not as harsh. Some of the numerous uses of castor oil include the treatment of breast cysts, fibroids, and ovarian cysts, congestion of abdominal organs, skin conditions, small benign cysts, and adhesions from surgery. Wherever there is congestion, decreased blood flow and need for healing, castor oil can be an effective treatment option.
Castor oil has a unique chemical profile rich in ricinoleic acid which is known to exist in nature only in castor oil. Double blind studies conducted by the Association for Research and Enlightenment, Inc. demonstrated an increase in lymphocyte production and the level of activity of T-cell lymphocytes in the group that used castor oil packs. T-cell lymphocytes originate from bone marrow and the thymus gland, identify and kill invaders such as virus, bacteria, and fungi. In addition to strengthening the immune system, castor oil appears to have a balancing effect on the autonomic nervous system, increasing liver activity and improving digestion.
7. Maya Abdominal Massage is a non invasive external massage of the abdomen that increases circulation around the reproductive organs allowing for the proper balance of hormones, minerals for optimal nervous function, ad good circulation of lymph. Many women have a laundry list of physical and emotional symptoms that can be addressed and prevented with these simple, noninvasive massage techniques. When reproductive organs shift, they can constrict the normal flow of blood and lymph, and disrupting nerve connections. Just a few extra ounces sitting on blood and lymph vessels can cause havoc throughout the different systems in the body. By shifting the uterus back into place, homeostasis, or the natural balance of the body, is restored in the pelvic area and the surrounding organs. Toxins are flushed and nutrients that help to tone tissue and balance hormones are restored to normal order. This is essential for healthy pregnancy, labor, and delivery.